Ability to download only the filtered values ​​when applying an inline filter

Related products: CS Reports & Dashboards

When downloading a report after applying an inline filter, will still download the whole dataset.  It would be a nice feature to be able to download exclusively the desired records.

Many times, this kind of filtering is used by an end user within a report embedded in a dashboard, and that person doesn't necessarily have the knowledge, or access, to get that same result using Report Builder.  So the current process translates as extra steps: download the whole dataset and then apply the filters again using another tool like Excel or Sheets.

There is no update to this, but the current behavoiur is what I asked for.
I don’t know who to tag to alert to update this idea as implemented, @anirbandutta can you help with that?

It does indeed create annoyance for CSMs not to be able to.

Changing the status to Implemented as in both Reports and Dashboards only the filterd data gets downlaoded ( which was the ask of this commuity post)

No StatusImplemented

Something happened, the behaviour reverted back to the one that originated this post.
In this example, there are 1299 records and 656 with an inline filter applied. The exported report has 1299 records

I noticed this in Report Builder only, a report embedded in a dashboard works ok. I already submitted a ticket (# 270723) but wanted to call it out here just in case @Prateek Parashar 

ImplementedPartially Fixed

Hi @romihache 

There was a miscommunication on my part regarding this matter. We've addressed the issue within the user interface to display accurate data in the 'Total number of records' after applying filters.

However, I want to clarify that this fix ‘does not extend to displaying the correct filtered data when downloading the report’. I've added this task to our backlog, and we plan to release it ,when we have the available bandwidth. Unfortunately, I cannot provide an exact timeline at this moment.

Apologies for any confusion created

Thanks & Regards

Prateek

Hi @Prateek Parashar 
If that same report is embedded in a Dashboard, when an inline filter is applied, both the count and exported records match. In Report Builder, the count is ok, but exports all records.