Solved

Accounts without Calls to Action Reporting

• 6 August 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge
Hello - in order to ensure our team is executing to a defined set of engagements across our customer base, we would like the ability to build reports and dashboards based on accounts without CTAs logged for 1) specified reason codes 2) over specified periods of time 3) based on specified account criteria. In Salesforce, I can build an account report with cross filter 'Accounts without Calls to Action'. I would like to see this functionality in Gainsight as well.

Based on the research I have done, it seems Gainsight is limited on absence of data reporting. Some users seem to have accomplished this use case by building bionic rules based on MAX date of CTA records, but I haven't worked out how to meet all three criteria for our use case this way. It would be nice to have some OOB reporting functionality for 'Accounts without Calls to Action'.

icon

Best answer by dan_ahrens 6 August 2019, 21:49

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
You're correct this is a limitation. Gainsight is working on a feature though tentatively called Bionic Reporting - essentially bringing the power of Bionic Rules to reports and dashboards. There's a beta starting soon - although we're not allowed to participate because we aren't opted-in to Production updates.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Sierra,

The use case you describe is essentially cross object reporting (or what we've called bionic reporting, similar to bionic rules). You want to left join all accounts with the data in the CTA object so that you can filter on accounts that have a count of zero for the criteria you're filtering on, right? Currently our reporting is based on a single object at a time (though we do allow bringing in Account and Customer Info data, the base report would be on the CTA object).

As Jeff mentioned, we are in active development of cross object reporting and should have this available for all customers by the fall. In the meantime, you could accomplish this analysis using bionic rules and either extracting the data set from the rule execution history (if you just needed this as a one time report), or write the output to a custom MDA table (if you needed to report off of this data in a dashboard or have the data available on a more continuous basis).

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Data Designer (fka, bionic reporting) is coming in the November 6.8 release!