Question

PX - New Editor - Footer Configuration

• 28 February 2023
  • 3 replies

I am a new user to the Gainsight PX. I am trying to set up an engagement guide. I am looking for a button on the footer configuration, that would navigate to a different URL on a click. Which button should I use? There is an action section but I don’t understand where this would be applied to? 

I see there are only 3 footer buttons available - Exit, Skip, Snooze. I want one of these buttons to navigate to an URL of my choice. Any suggestions? 

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @jnatarajan 

You can achieve it using Custom Buttons:

1. You can use custom buttons for redirection to a new page. You will have to “uncheck” (documentation) show navigation in footer configuration and create a new custom button with “Redirect to URL” action (support document)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ICuI2b1KSBnQ6UEvqjOMilPDSfgZbEAH/view?usp=share_link - Quick video demo for reference

Thanks

@aharkut : Thank You very much for the demo video. That is helpful for custom buttons. Here are my questions: 

1. I am mainly looking for the footer navigation, because on my engagement I would like to have 3 buttons at the bottom - first button is to navigate the user to a different URL, second button is to snooze the engagement for a day or so and finally an exit button. So if I use the custom button option, will I be able to create buttons for snooze and exit as well? If that’s not possible, can you please add a small demo video for redirect to URL using one of the footer navigation buttons. 
  2. Which interval setting does the snooze button follow? Time between views or recurring interval duration? 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@jnatarajan 

1. If you use the Custom button option, you can do Redirect to URL with one button, and exit with another button, but unfortunately you will not be able to do the snooze. If you are going for Interval rule, then you might not need the third Snooze button. If you still want to show the snooze button, then maybe I can test a workaround.
  2. Snooze follows time between views as long as one cycle is not completed.
    1. Note: Interval logic will work even without Snooze.
    2. Snooze is more for “Only Once” qualification rule - where as an author you may have configured to show engagement only once, but user wants to see it later

Thanks