US Admin Office Hours (Thursday session) - 02/23/23 - 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET - Pre-session Thread

• 23 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our upcoming Thursday Admin Office Hours session on Thursday, February 23, 2023 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Thursday, February 23, 2023 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/93210223297?pwd=SGMvb0ZOVVRpclVTdTdTVzR1c040QT09

Meeting ID: 932 1022 3297

Passcode: 885599

For dial-in info by your location, find your local number: 

https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/aebWfptbBg

6 replies

Badge +4

I am trying to build a report that shows Risk CTAs that have not had a Timeline Update in the last 7days. I’ve got the data sets built in Data Designer, but not sure where to go from here.

Badge

Hi Scott,

I’m working on implementing the new C360 and have a couple of questions:

1. I assigned the new layout to myself but when I open a customer it still brings up the old C360 format. Is there another setting I need to update? I did reorder the layouts in the Manage Assignments and that didn’t help.
  2. How can I change the default action for the Company Hierarchy to use the new Child C360 layout when a child it clicked?

Thanks

Badge

Hello Scott, 

I have a question related to understanding the execution logs of a rule engine and one clarification question regarding a JO program 

Also a quick question about API calls consumption with a real-time timeline activity 

Hi Scott,

I want to add timeline activities date to my relationship. I need help with that.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello @Sean_Hebert -- although I’m waiting on an official confirmation, it looks as if the “Preview New C360” link at the top of the old C360 is an all-or-nothing setting -- everyone can view the New C360 that they are assigned to.

So the best way to avoid hearing about the new layouts from everybody instead of just your select group is to copy a layout, delete all sections from it, and assign it to all active users except Super Admins (or similar), and then assign your beta users to a layout higher in the priority chain.  My quick setup looks like this:

AND HERE’S WHAT A NEW C360 LAYOUT WITH NO SECTIONS LOOKS LIKE WHEN I CLICK ON THE “PREVIEW NEW C360” AND LAND THERE:

Not a perfect solution -- but at least it keeps the noise down while your beta testers look at the actual layouts you are refining.

If @ayakushevich found a way for that “Preview New C360” button to NOT appear on the old  C360 for certain users, please chime in -- and I will do the same if I hear back from Product with a better workaround tonight. Thanks!

Badge

Hi @sdrostgainsightcom and @Sean_Hebert I did the same thing in my org. I have created a Blank Layout and assigned it to all the users that I would not want to see the Beta 360 preview. The “Preview New C360” was still showing for them, however, when accessed the sections are not configured message appeared like you demonstrated above. Edited assignments to include All Users when we were ready.