Delete Company records from UI

Related products: None

Is there any plan for future functionality where customers will be able to delete unused records from the "Company" object?

This is a pretty common question/request that I get on almost a weekly basis from customer.

Thanks
Same for the Company Person and/or Person objects.
I just ran into this today.  Really need this capability.
Agree on this as well. Would be very helpful!
Needed to make a similar request for Relationship records a little while back. Having the provision to delete records from all standard objects would be great. 
Hi All,

We're working on providing the ability to delete data from standard objects from the UI and you can expect it within the next couple of releases. 

We'll initially roll it out for the Company and Relationship standard objects and soon support other objects as well.

Thanks,

Kunal
Thanks for the update Kunal! This will be helpful for us to maintain good data hygiene. 
Switched this to an Idea post for better tracking.
Hi Kunal,

My most common use case is that an Account is deleted as part of a merge action and the corresponding Company record is orphaned and appears in reports, causing confusion. Thanks for recognizing this issue!
@All, This has been implemented and pushed to 5.16 release. Please refer this article.
Yay! Now if only I could do this in a bionic rule action. I made a custom field to prevent all my rules that rely on the link between SFDC and GS from running and failing (partially).

I have a rule that does a fetch on company and on SFDC account because merge or mistakes in SFDC account creation cause orphan GS company records. Now at least I can delete them on my own. Next step, automation? Or perhaps something like an approval queue. I can make that myself by filter on my custom field in the data operations. Thanks!!
Ok so, I'll start with the positive:  It's great that I can delete records from the Company object now, so thank you for that.

But....

It's a little painful.

1,  I have to select the check box next to each record.   I was hoping I could apply a filter and check the "all records" box in the upper left corner and it would delete all of them.  It doesn't.  It selects all 50 records on that page, but then I have to manually click to move to the next page, and click the "all records" on that page as well....and so on.   So it takes a lot of effort if I want to delete company records "in bulk"

2.  It's sloooooow.   I selected approximately 200 records 60 minutes ago, and the Total Record Count is STILL decrementing.  I realize it says in the pop-up "The delete process may take some time" but that feels like a bit of an understatement, considering I can delete records in custom tables much more quickly than this.   

3. I'm not clear on whether or not I'll get a "job complete" email.  The doc doesn't say.  UPDATE: I did not get any such notification, so I have no idea when it completed or can determine how many records were actually deleted.
+1 on this - I ran into this problem yesterday so I'm glad to see I have a way to delete customers, but it would be VERY nice if I could set up a bionic rule to catch these, or if Gainsight connect caught them, or any automated functionality around this would be nice.

Hi All,

Happy to say that Mass Delete Company/Relationship Records functionality is avaialbe now! Previously, you could only delete a maximum of 50 records (Company/Relationship) from the Data Operations page. With this release, you can now delete up to 5000 records (Company/Relationship) in a single delete operation, from the Data Operations page.

Important Points

When you select the global check box, all the records (up to 5000) are selected which satisfy the applied filters (if any). If you have not applied any filters, all the records (up to 5000) are selected.

Records are deleted in the order of their created dates. Old records are deleted first followed by the new ones.

Cascade delete is honored while deleting records; the dependent record’s field value is set based on the value selected in the On Delete field.

You must use the global check box to select all of the 5000 records. Once all of the records are selected, you can delete the records using the Delete icon.

To use

Please refer this article for more info

Keep Posting!

Hi All, We made more enhancements on the delete Company records functionality with V6.2 release.

If you delete a Company record, all its corresponding Timeline records are deleted. If the Company has Relationships, the Timeline records for the relationships is also deleted.

If you delete a Relationship record, its associated Timeline records are automatically deleted. However, the Activities of the Account to which the Relationship belonged to, continue to exist.

Happy posting!