Gainsight Assist: Don't Default to Company or Relationship Based on Email Recipients

Related products: None

When using Gainsight Assit, I would like the option to select which particular company or relationship I want to log an email to.

Use cases:

• I am sending an internal email about a particular company, and I want to log the email to the company’s timeline, not to my internal company’s timeline. 
  • I am sending an email to a customer who is using a different email than what is associated to their contact record. I want to select which company/relationship the email gets logged to, especially if I am not aware that I’m using a different email for that same customer contact.
  • If I log the email to the incorrect company/relationship, I want the ability to update the record after it’s been logged.

+1, this has been a pain point for our team who love Gainsight Assist but are confused when emails aren’t ending up on the correct Relationship/Company. 

Hello All,

Today the company/relationship is selected based on the email recipients added, we will be improvising this by providing an option to even search for a company and log email against it. I will keep you posted about the updates.

Thank you @chethana! This is great news. Would the team consider including the option to search by relationship as well or only company at this time? Is there a rough timeline at this point? 

Hello @aileen.weiss 

Search will work for both relationship and company. 
Regarding timeline i don’t have concrete info yet, once i have i will definitely post in here. 

That will be a great improvement in usability! Thanks @aileen.weiss for mentioning this.