- We currently have multiple measures on scorecards which are product usage metrics
- We pull our metrics from Snowflake via Data Designer on a daily basis
- Our process is like so (timings are examples):
- Snowflake processes data every night and finishes at 6am
- Data Designer runs at 6.15am (pulls in data and creates a universal system GS object)
- Rule grabs values from DD and uses the `Set Score 2.0` action at 7am for each measure
- Scorecard runs at 8am that process everything and calculates overall score
- On some days, our internal Snowflake run fails or is delayed. For example, sometimes instead of processing data by 6am, it finishes at 8am
- As a result, when DD runs at 6.15am, it may pull in incorrect or incomplete data then subsequently Rules Engine picks up the wrong metrics which means the overall score calculated in Gainsight will be wrong
- To fix this, we’re currently rerunning our process when the Snowflake job is finished: Snowflake is finished (late) → Rerun DD → Rerun Rules Engine
However, we currently can’t see any option in Scorecards to manually trigger a recalculation (like rerunning a rule) which means the overall scores may be wrong even if we now have correct individual metrics in Gainsight.
I know its possible to load to Scorecard History (https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/03Rules_Engine/03Set_Up_Rule_Action_Types/Load_to_Scorecard_History_Action_Type) but this is only possible on a weekly basis so can’t help in our use-case.
Is there an alternative way to solve our problem in this case?
Best answer by Isaac Rahman
UPDATE: I was wrong. It is possible to update scorecards without needing to trigger a manual recalculation. All it takes is to re-run the rules that ‘Set Score 2.0’ - doing this will lead to Gainsight automatically updating the scorecard