US Admin Office Hours (Thursday session) - 05/11/23 - 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET - Pre-session Thread

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our upcoming Thursday Admin Office Hours session on Thursday, May 11, 2023 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Thursday, May 11, 2023 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/98240490183?pwd=NUsxRUplVjFOdDRKQ1BJV0NSMTJXQT09

Meeting ID: 982 4049 0183

Passcode: 966630

For dial-in info by your location, find your local number: 

https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/adeoYGd3BA

10 replies

Badge +3

Hello Scott! I am wondering if it is possible to map data from a Timeline activity to the C360. I created a custom activity type to with number fields and am hoping those fields can be mapped to the C360 to prevent CSMs from having to enter the same data twice. Thank you, Andy 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Scott,

I need help with a join on a Data Designer.  I think I have it correct but it is not returning the data I am expecting.  

Thanks,

Rhonda

1. Follow-up to earlier Gainsight > Power BI integration question. Your last reply named 2 design options, are there any others? For example, could Data Designer exports be dropped into Azure storage for Power BI to consume? Other options?
  2. Survey JO Program - I can successfully assign a CTA when the survey response is received. Having trouble testing the condition to assign a CTA when a survey response is *not* received.
  3. Surveys - How to grant (read) access to survey results and analytics to a user w/o granting them admin access to everything else. Some of these users are account owners (CSM, account executive), others are the survey requirements owners whose only reason for accessing Gainsight is to review survey results
  1. Surveys - How to actually configure the localized versions of survey emails and survey pages. In the admin guide online I’m only finding how to make a new language available on the platform. If a how-to article is available then a link would suffice so others can have more time for their questions.
  2. JO emails w/ analytics reports attachments - how to dynamically apply a filter to the analytics report so that it’s only the data that pertains to the recipient.
Badge

Hey Scott - Have a question about CTA linked objects/fields.

Userlevel 1

Still trying to figure out how to send Emails through Journey Orchestrator (Query) and have separate health scores matched to certain managers. 

Badge +1

Hi Scott, I’m needing help with a rule that would create a new company and relationship record with some preset attributes.  We are wanting to create relationship records to manage onboarding, so they are new logos that wouldn’t exit in Gainsight already.  Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello @justo.casablanca -- here’s a link to the Company API documentation, specifically the portion about querying with the Read API to return records.

You can pull up to 5,000 at a time with some workaround ways to pull another batch that starts at record 5001 in the queried results.

https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/API_and_Developer_Docs/Company_and_Relationship_API/Company_API_Documentation#Read_API

The big question, though, if you consider this option, is what the limits are (and if we have a query API available) for all the different tables you want to pull incrementals on every day.

I just don’t know off the top of my head if every standard and/or custom object is enabled for this - but if you go to the main API documentation page, you can begin checking for availability and limits on the various objects similar to how the Company API is documented:

The main repository for API documentation is here:  https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/API_and_Developer_Docs

I have to dig a bit for the S3 documentation I want to pass along as options for those with high infosec bars (S3’s are already well-secured, but I understand/sympathize with various InfoSec teams not liking certain features/options for S3).  I may not be able to do that today but will have it Tuesday along with any other potential options currently out there.

Best,

Scott

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Sorry that you had to drop before we could get to your question, @justinjroth -- actually was ready to try to squeeze it in during the final 5 or so minutes but you’d had to go before then.

Jump on the Tuesday session next week - I’m sure we can get you set up in pretty quick order.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Scott,

I didn’t get a chance to put in a support ticket yesterday for the Data Designer we looked at during office hours.  I decided to run it one more time this morning.  It ran successfully and returned the data I expected.  I guess there was a hairball in the background that needed to clear.  Just thought I’d let you know it’s resolved even if the we didn’t solve the mystery 🙂.

Thanks,

Rhonda