Add filters to lookup fields in CTA

Related products: None

We would love to have a way to apply filters to limit data on lookup fields in CTAs. For instance, for a specific lookup field searching for names, we would only allow internal employees as an option and filter out all external customer names.

Our SFDC Admins have been able to apply such a filter on the SFDC side, but if a CSM is completing the form in Gainsight (as they should), there’s no way to limit the options in the lookup field. If multiple of the same name appear (John Smith), the CSM doesn’t know which to select and may opt for the wrong one.

Reason this came up:
In Gainsight, a CSM added an owner to an "At Risk Event" linked to a Risk CTA. She searched for the internal employee's name in the Resolution Owner field, but two instances of the name appeared. She clicked on the first one, not knowing it was for a customer contact vs an internal contact.

The external contact then received a notification email of this item being assigned to him. Obviously, this did not go over well.

The SFDC Admin was able to add a lookup filter to the Resolution Owner field in SFDC to limit users with an email address that contains "@ourdomain.com". It would be helpful to apply something similar to any lookup fields in Gainsight.

Hi @justine_billante 

Thanks a lot for sharing this. Let me know if I understood the use-case correctly. You want to add additional filter parameters on the search results that appear to the CSM (in this case only show results where domainname = ourdomain.com)

We have this capability in Gainsight NXT. When you add a lookup field to the layout you have tha option to configure additional search parameter & display fields

Hi Aditya.

Yes, I tried it and worked in the NXT Instance.

@aditya_marla 

We are using the SFDC instance of Gainsight. Is this capability still only available in NXT?

@justine_billante sorry for the inconvenience, we only have this on NXT. SFDC capability is not in our current road-map.