{POSTING ON BEHALF OF CUSTOMER}- TRIM DATA ON RICH TEXT AREA FIELD AUTOMATICALLY

Related products: None

Hey Team,

This is an issue with a customer where records fail while coming over from Dynamics Connector because the charecter limit has exceeded 15,000 charecters on Rich Text Area field from Memo Datatype field in Dynamics.

The customer suggests automatically trimming the field after it reaches the limit of 15,00 rather than erroring the field out. Kindly let us know if this can be done or share your thoughts around alternatives.

Hi @prithvi_vihari 

Thank you for the suggestion. We are considering this requirement and adding it to our long-term roadmap. 

This is also affecting me in the SFDC and Zendesk connectors. I have SFDC opportunities and zendesk tickets that won’t sync because they exceed the character limits in one field. It’s terrible! I’m not going to remove the field from the connector job because it’s an essential field, but I REALLY need those opportunities and tickets to sync

Hey @Ritesh Sharma , maybe you could point to the latest on connectors to @mindy