Using the Comments @mention function

Related products: None

Is there a way to use the @mention function like Chatter in SFDC so the mention is tied to the company/account generally and not a specific Timeline entry or health measure?

@jriva could you please elaborate on the use-case for better understanding.

@sai_ram we understand using the @mention feature to @tag a teammate in a comment on a timeline entry or a health measure comment, but here’s the use case we’re envisioning: a manager or team member is looking at a C360 and wants to ask a CSM a question(s) about the account that isn’t directly tied to a specific comment or health score/measure. Is there a way to @mention someone at a general account level?

Hi Justin, @mentions have to be tied to a specific Timeline activity right now. I’m not sure if this is something the product team is considering. I could see it creating a lot of clutter in the Account view, much like Chatter. :sweat_smile:

Thanks for the feedback @lila_meyer! We find Chatter in SFDC very valuable. If there was similar functionality in GS it would reduce the amount of back and forth between systems and help our CSMs spend more time in GS.

Hi Justin, I don’t see another post for this, so I’ll convert your question to an Idea, for better tracking of this enhancement request.