Documentation/Glossary on G360

Related products: CS Other Features

Hello Power at be: 

We need a glossary on what each field is mapping to. (I know this is a big ask) but would love to better understand all this data coming in from PX. I have used PX before however the organization i am at does not understand how this data is being curated and our business analyst need some documentation. 

Passing this along on their behalf: @tonyqu 

1. A comprehensive list of tracked events/page views (theoretically available in G360 if triggered,) along with in-depth definitions for each (perhaps in dictionary format or some other form of knowledge transfer.)

What currently holds us back from reporting more on G360 data is mostly the ambiguity around event definitions. 

·One of these challenges is understanding whether an event is a page view, click, or specific action completion. For example, is the C360 – Attributes counting the number of times a user clicks the corresponding sub-page text on the left-nav of C360, or does it include tracking for when a user scrolls to that section of a C360 page? Or is the R360 – Success Plan – Objectives – Add New Objective event triggered on click of the create objective button, or is this when an actual objective is added to the success plan?

·Another is whether certain event PVs include other sub-events. For example, is the C360 – Page – PV event inclusive of all sub-page views under that C360 page? Or does it only count when a user initially lands on that C360 page?

·We’ve also noticed some complications because of our recent NXT transition, see this support ticket ((#201187) for ongoing conversation on this topic

·A few other ad-hoc challenges that seem like they’d be solved if we were to have a fuller understanding of what events are tracked, and what each tracked event means and doesn’t mean.

@ophirsw @courtney_hauser @sshroff  I wanted to add this to the community to see if there is a huge demand for this documentation. 

Thank you Gainsight for listening. 

Darshana Shah

@neelam_mukherjee 

Thanks for kicking off this thread, @darshana.shah.

For the GS/PX team: As mentioned above, this foundational knowledge of exactly what is being tracked would be a powerful unlock for us. Knowing whether our recently released work in GS is being used, in the way we intended, is powerful for helping us drive adoption and deliver value to our end users. Having comprehensive, accurate data here also unlocks adoption reporting to leadership, and other analyses to show the ROI for GS as a platform.