Success plan Gantt chart - other activity types

Related products: None

Hi all,

I’m a big fan of the updated Gantt chart design in success plans, and we’re looking at other ways that we can use this for tracking some of our customer data.

One idea we’re exploring is using a Project success plan type to track some data and the lifecycle of some of our customer projects. This seems like it is going to work very well. One great enhancement though would be to have different activity types beside Objectives available to log into the Gantt chart. For example, being able to log project Milestones in a way that separates them out from items that are actually CSM Objectives would be really useful. Another example, if we could have a way of logging our customer support tickets against the project timeline on the Gantt chart, that would provide us with some really interesting data about the types of issues customers are raising at different stages through a project.

I appreciate this may be something of an edge case for using Success Plans, but I was wondering if anything along these lines has been considered for future Gantt chart enhancements?

Hey @iainr, thank yo9u. for your post. Looping in our Product Manager to look into this and get back to you. 

Hi @iainr 

This is very interesting use case and we are think on similar lines. If I have understood it correctly, you are looking to add CTAs of multiple CTA types in success plan. Example life cycle or risk or activity CTA type (other than objective CTA type). Since each CTA type can have different fields in the layout, user can capture different details. I would like to know the fields in CTA of milestone type vs objective type. Currently if support tickets are stored in custom object they could be associated to objective CTA through linked object.  

Hi @iainr 

This is very interesting use case and we are think on similar lines. If I have understood it correctly, you are looking to add CTAs of multiple CTA types in success plan. Example life cycle or risk or activity CTA type (other than objective CTA type). Since each CTA type can have different fields in the layout, user can capture different details. I would like to know the fields in CTA of milestone type vs objective type. Currently if support tickets are stored in custom object they could be associated to objective CTA through linked object.  

For our use case, we’re actually not talking about CTAs specifically. We’re more interested in being able to plot Timeline activities onto the success plan Gantt chart to show where activities sit in relation to the project timescales.

So we’d be able to mix Objective CTAs as well as Timeline activities like Milestones, Meetings etc and have everything plotted on the Gantt chart to give us a visual timeline of the activities relating to that project.

So at the moment if I create a success plan and create timeline activities for it such as milestones those don’t appear on the Gantt chart, only objective CTAs. We’d like to be able to mix the 2 together