Allow SFDC ID data type as a default mapping in Email Templates

Related products: CS Journey Orchestrator, Email & Notifications

Hi there

Minor annoyance, but it seems I can add a default mapping on SFDC account ID (I guess it’s because it’s a field of data type = SFDC ID.

I think it should be mappable - not sure of the rationale behind it not being available as a default mapping.

Thanks!

That I can’t*

Hi @anirbandutta  and @dstokowski - bringing your attention to this. I would assume it be a pretty easy change? Why can’t we map it?

@ssamarth could you pl take a look?

Hi @alizee ,

SFDC account id is a standard lookup field in Company object.   You should have a mapping  in your Company object mappings in the default mapping dropdown.

Hi @ssamarth 

The reason for this post is that I do not and it’s been impossible in EMAIL TEMPLATES to add a default mapping. It works when mapping fields in JO, just not at this point.

Hi @alizee 

Could you raise a support ticket on why the mapping is not coming in your token mapping dropdown.

Hi @ssamarth 

Support has confirmed this morning that the SFDC data type is not supported in email templates.

I have verified with our engineering team and look like the SFDC data type(sfdc account  Id) is not supported in tokens in the Email template. If possible can you pull in the sfdc id in a string data type custom field & map that in token?

I’ve done that as a workaround before suggested, but the above needs to be considered an issue because it’s confirmed by engineering that it does NOT work.

Thanks.

No StatusAcknowledged

@alizee In the old editor you should be able to see now. In the new editor , it would be available within next few days

AcknowledgedImplemented

Hi @ssamarth, I confirm that it now works and I was able to map it in the old editor. I don’t have access to the new one yet, but all good for me for now. Thanks for the fairly quick turnaround.