Hyperlinks With Tokens in CTA Comments - Horizon Rules

Related products: CS Rules & Permissions

Hello! Posting this as an Idea here, although I acknowledge there’s a workaround (which I’ll detail towards the end).

With the switch to Horizon rules, it appears as though the behavior when adding a token to what’s meant to be a complete and working hyperlink in CTA comments has changed. In Bionic rules, it was possible to tokenize a portion of a URL to make dynamic hyperlinks to thinks like SFDC assets. In fact, it worked beautifully and required very little extra work on our part.

In the new Horizon rules, that behavior no longer works - the hyperlink is cut off at the start of the tokenized data (even if you manage to insert the token in the config step without breaking the hyperlink there, the output is only partially linked).

The workaround for this involves using an additional transform step to concatenate text and create the entire URL within the rule itself which is...fine...but does involve an entire extra step and isn’t as quick and easy as the old token method.

Creating these dynamic hyperlinks in CTA comments is an awesome ability which users really appreciate. It would be awesome if we could maintain the Bionic rule behavior when it comes to handling hyperlinks in comments - that was really convenient and easy to manage.

💯

#FeatureParity strikes again!

Good find. We haven’t hit this yet, but it’s only a matter of time. This sort of flexibility is what I miss with bionic rules.

Hi ,

We are working on a fix for this. We will ship the fix out as soon as possible. I will keep this thread updated with the progress of the fix.

Thanks,

Monica

No StatusPlanned

@mpatra Do you have an update on timing for this? Our workarounds no longer work in Advanced JO. We’re now stuck running rules every 4 hours to update CTA comments on CTAs coming from JO.