Remove 1000 Participant Records Limitation

Related products: None

For single email sends I like to comb through participants to remove any misformatted names, distribution lists, etc - anything that looks out of place when coming from an individual. Unfortunately the Participant list shows a max of 1,000 records and you cannot see beyond that unless you search for a specific contact. 

So ~900+ records cannot be verified because they cannot be view in the participant list. Reversing sort order only sorts contacts that originally appear in the 1,000 records. This is a major hindrance and even if this there were scheduled, repeating program that eventually reaches 1,000 participants you should be able to view all contacts that ever enter in the participant view.

I think in general, Gainsight has a hard line on limiting viewable records in the UI. I like that it generally tells you when it’s limited, but requiring users to export the data to view all of it seems like a swing and a miss for most uses.

I think in rule results and previews that’s one thing because you aren’t modifying those records in that view.

But to not be able to go through a full list of participants limits my ability to ensure a seamless customer experience, I have no way of seeing or dropping any additional participants due to this limitation, without searching 1 by 1 the contacts I want to remove.

Alternative being exporting the results (which 50/50 chance if the email delivers), manually removing the contacts, and then adding them back as a CSV which is just senseless. 

I think in rule results and previews that’s one thing because you aren’t modifying those records in that view.

But to not be able to go through a full list of participants limits my ability to ensure a seamless customer experience, I have no way of seeing or dropping any additional participants due to this limitation, without searching 1 by 1 the contacts I want to remove.

Alternative being exporting the results (which 50/50 chance if the email delivers), manually removing the contacts, and then adding them back as a CSV which is just senseless. 

Right - the previews make sense, sort of by definition. I’m just thinking of cases in reporting, or even rule results where your outlier, bad data, etc may not be on the first or last page.

But for sure, in participant lists not seeing all of them is pretty crippling. The approach to fixing problems though often seems to be super narrow, where only the specific use case is considered, and not how similar behaviors should be resolved at the same time for a more unified experience across the platform. But a fix is better than no fix :)

Hello @bradley 
We are discussing this , allow me to get back to you on this.