Ability to Associate Timeline Entry to a Call to Action without having to be in the CTA Timeline tab

Related products: CS Timeline

In order to have a Timeline Activity associate to a CTA, a CSM has to log the Timeline entry from the CTA Timeline tab. It would be nice if CSMs were able to associate a Timeline Activity to a CTA from the C360 or global Timeline as well. The current functionality leaves room for error when a CSM is used to entering activities through global or C360 timelines, but may want to associate the entry with a CTA. If this happens, the CSM would have to copy or delete the entry and re-enter via the CTA Timeline tab in order for the associate to be made.

@kcsp Thank you for submitting here. 

@meenal_shukla do you suggest any workaround?? 

@nitisha_rathi :  for both 360 and global timeline. This is a good idea and a valid use case that I have also felt the need of from time to time.

This is a short term priority for us and will be available late Q1 or early Q2.

So happy to see this is already in the works as it come up as a wish list item from our CSMs today. As an add-on, is something similar planned to log to scorecard measures from global timeline as well? We use that a lot for our COVID Impact scores and Renewal Forecasting and it would be great to log from global timeline instead of navigating to a mass edit report.

The team is currently working on this item and it will be available in early Q3.

@Chirag any updates here? Was this included in the October release?

Appears to have been implemented at some point, I see it in my org.  here is the related article:  Configure Associated Records to Timeline - Gainsight Inc.

@wyattfarino

Yes, this was released back in August 2021 (6.27). @anirbandutta, can we please update the status? I don’t have the required access to do it.

Thanks,

Manu

Awesome! Thanks @manu_mittal, @jeremy_johnston  

PlannedImplemented