US Admin Office Hours (Thursday session) - 08/05/21 - 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET - Pre-session Thread

• 5 August 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello everyone!

This thread is for today’s Thursday Admin Office Hours session on Thursday, August 5, 2021 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Thursday, August 5, 2021 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/253252739?pwd=RHl3ekk0RGN0ZFR3TmRkK1Zldks0QT09

Meeting ID: 253 252 739

Password: 864010

Dial by your location

+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)

+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

888 475 4499 US Toll-free

877 853 5257 US Toll-free

Find your local number: https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/aQSPx2jXO

7 replies

Badge

Hi Scott, I’m reaching out as upon trying to trigger a CTA through JO (Journey Orcheastrator) I’m receving the following error message and fail reason (See Below). Therefore,  can you please advise what this error means and steps to correct?

Also, can you advise if its possible to get JO emails to be logged to Timeline?

Badge

Hello,  I have a question about the Survey Linked object in Cockpit and one to look at a rule failure results.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello @Krista21  -- for a failure message that specific, I would recommend opening a support ticket - they can look at the back end logs for that Request ID and figure out what the exact issue is, probably faster than I’d be able to guess at it through trying different things during the session today.

As for JO Emails logging to timeline, there’s no out-of-box functionality for that directly - Timeline could quickly become cluttered (the way SFDC Activities object often does) so not sure that it’ll ever be a global option vs. limiting to Operational or something like that.

We typically recommend adding a section onto the C360 so that users can see what’s been sent out to contacts on their Customers.  However, that doesn’t capture the email body - just things like the name of the JO Program, when it was sent, result, etc.

An option to get JO Emails to Timeline, though, is to set the JO Program to log the emails to Salesforce (in the Email Options section at the very bottom of participant setup - see my screenshot below). THEN you can set up the SFDC Activities-to-Timeline sync to pull them BACK into Timeline -- a little roundabout, but worth it for some Gainsight users for certain important JO’s.

Hope that helps with some initial answers - see you on this afternoon’s session!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Quick followup for @Krista21 -- here’s the link to the relevant documentation:

https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/Journey_Orchestrator_and_Email_Templates/Programs/Add_Participants_to_a_Program#Email_Settings

https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/Timeline/02Admin_Guides/Configure_Timeline_Activity_Sync#Configure_Activity_Sync

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Scott - 

I have a JO program where I’m trying to use a multi-select picklist in a filter for the participants. I need to exclude any values with a certain option selected, but include any others that have a value selected or if the picklist is null. I can’t figure out how to allow null values in the filter. Right now it’s excluding all participants with a null value in that field which is the majority of them. Thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@sdrostgainsightcom @spencer_engel Any office hours this week?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@sdrostgainsightcom @spencer_engel Any office hours this week?

Yes, here’s the thread (yesterday was a company holiday for us):