Allow change of task due date with CTA due date change

Related products: None

When I try to move a CTA's due date earlier, I get an error "CTA due date cannot be earlier than task due date". This makes it essentially impossible to move the CTA's date earlier - you have to change all of the task due dates earlier before you can change the master CTA date. When the playbook’s due date for the tasks is set to be the CTA due date, these should be editable together too.

@catherine.spevak sorry for the inconvenience. This is made purposefully I think, task due date cannot be higher than the CTA due date. 

Hi, I understand the general restriction, but this restriction seems to be too fine since I’m not able to briefly circumvent the restriction to update the WHOLE CTA’s due date. Does the flow that I’m trying to follow make sense?

@catherine.spevak I want to understand the use case better. What should happen to task due date if CTA due date changes? (We don’t want to remove the restriction of task due date < CTA due date since tasks are a part of that CTA and hence, cannot have a higher due date)

Hi, When I configure a task’s due date to be the same as the parent CTA’s due date, I would like to then be able to update them together as well! For example, if I create a CTA from a playbook where all tasks have the same due date as the parent, and then a week later I want to move that CTA’s timeline up, I would like a workflow where I can do these all at once rather than editing each task individually. We sometimes have playbooks with 15-20 tasks with the same due date.

Thank you!

Catherine

Understood your use case @catherine.spevak. Do you also create manual tasks? If you do, what should happen to that due date? (given the task due date < CTA due date restriction).

We don’t typically create manual tasks, but it would make sense to me to just have the relationship between task due date and CTA due date behave in the same way regardless of if the task was created manually or with a rule.

Upvote this.

This is basically to have the ability to auto adjust the tasks due date when the CTA due date is moved to an earlier date. Auto adjust them based on playbook settings for playbook tasks and other tasks with an exception that tasks due date cannot be prior to the modified date of CTA. This is our use case.

We kind of have this logic when CTA due date is extended.

Thanks for the use cases. We will evaluate this. We don’t have a timeframe for solving this yet.