Show Horizon Rules and Horizon C360 in dependencies

Related products: CS Data Management & Integrations

Dependency checks are critical to system maintenance. It doesn’t appear that the new C360 layouts OR Horizon Rules are included in dependency checks in Data Management.

This is crucial and dependency functionality should ALWAYS be included on any newly released features or enhancements to existing functionality as a requirement prior to release.

Analyzer and Data Management Dependencies are both critical areas of the platform where fidelity is make-or-break. Unexpected dependencies are a huge risk for us and this should be a high priority - it could cause a lot of heartache.

Having expressed reservations about the Horizon Rules rollout already, and the fact that both this AND Horizon C360 will become mandatory (at least as far as has been stated at this point) in the next release (July/August), this is deeply problematic. 

At the very least, the mandatory cutoff for both should be delayed until this is resolved. There are a number of blind spots in DM Dependencies and Analyzer that need to be addressed.

@rakesh Can we please at least get some insight into how and when these concerns will be addressed? @anirbandutta not sure who owns Data Management, but as @sarahmiracle points out these checks need to be available when a new feature comes out, and it seems like that step is farther down the release cycle than it needs to be for customers.

This has been flagged before as well with no traction…. features that are moving to Horizon should have this as part of GA.

CC: @Paulina 

This has been flagged before as well with no traction…. features that are moving to Horizon should have this as part of GA.

CC: @Paulina 

That’s a whole other area of dependencies that isn’t updated as well

Hello everyone,

Thanks for sharing your feedback here, this is a very valid concern and we do hear you , we are working towards providing Horizon rule support on Analyzer and will share the ETA with you all soon.

CC @rakesh 

@shambhawi will that just be in Analyzer or will it show up in the dependency search on the object itself? 

CC: @Paulina 

That’s a whole other area of dependencies that isn’t updated as well

When I have flagged this specifically to support (bc it use to work this way with the old report builder so I would expect the same functionality in HA Report Builder tbh), I was given the feedback 

“this is expected behavior and please post in community so the product team can know if this should be prioritized”. Not very helpful……. and means it has never been part of consideration

Hello everyone! The dependency check for Horizon rule is supported in Data Management now and you can try it out, we shipped this feature with our latest release.

Thank you all for this valuable feedback! 

Hello everyone! The dependency check for Horizon rule is supported in Data Management now and you can try it out, we shipped this feature with our latest release.

Great news! I’m having trouble finding where this was highlighted in the release notes, am I missing it?

@shambhawi  I just did a refresh on the dependencies in Data Management, and I am not seeing my Horizon rules show up yet.  

@shambhawi  I just did a refresh on the dependencies in Data Management, and I am not seeing my Horizon rules show up yet.  

Actually I am finding the Horizon Rules show up in some objects, but not others (I am making sure to refresh the dependencies). 

Can you please let us know what the criteria for a dependency to show in the list?  If the object is queried in the rule?  Or only if it is in the target action of a rule?

Actually I am finding the Horizon Rules show up in some objects, but not others (I am making sure to refresh the dependencies). 

Can you please let us know what the criteria for a dependency to show in the list?  If the object is queried in the rule?  Or only if it is in the target action of a rule?

@jrich It should work for all the objects, if its not showing up for some of the objects, it’s most likely a bug.Could you provide us with further details regarding the objects that are correctly reflected and the ones that are not?

Thanks @shambhawi  I will submit a support case.  It appears to be the Renewal Center objects (GS Opportunity, GS Opportunity Line Item, etc).  These objects are in Horizon Rule data setup queries, but not shown as a dependency.  

Great news! I’m having trouble finding where this was highlighted in the release notes, am I missing it?

@shambhawi asking again for visibility :)

Let me try get 👀 

Hi @bradley we missed to add this as part of release note, if it will help the larger community we can add this as part of our next patch’s release note.

Thanks,

Shambhawi

No StatusAcknowledged

Hi @bradley we missed to add this as part of release note, if it will help the larger community we can add this as part of our next patch’s release note.

Thanks,

Shambhawi

I think that in general it is helpful to include updates on the release notes for sure, and if they aren’t included when the update happens, at least some kind of notification after the fact.

AcknowledgedImplemented

Greetings to all! Moving ahead, Analyzer will now display the Horizon rule dependencies.

Additionally, we plan to include this information in the release notes as well.

Greetings to all! Moving ahead, Analyzer will now display the Horizon rule dependencies.

Additionally, we plan to include this information in the release notes as well.

Great! Do you know when this will ship? I don’t see any Horizon Rules in Analyzer, at least that I can tell. Will this be addressed do you know? 

Hi @bradley we shipped it today, did you try it today and horizon rule dependencies were not reflected in the analyzer ?

Hi @bradley we shipped it today, did you try it today and horizon rule dependencies were not reflected in the analyzer ?

I see, I was looking in the wrong place. I thought they would show up here:

as “horizon” rules, and be noted elsewhere in analyzer if they were horizon or bionic. 

They appear to just show up here: 

on the dashboard and on the Scan Rules list.

Appreciate that they have been added in some ways, but it seems a little incomplete.