Update Full Name field with edits to First & Last Name fields

Related products: None

I see in a recent release that the Full Name field on the person object is now auto completed with the First Name and Last Name on creation, however any subsequent edits do not appear to have any effect so it quickly becomes out of date/incorrect information.

As we need to sync with SF we have to use First and Last Name fields, but the Full Name field is required for the view on GS so we need both to be constantly in sync with each other (or just get rid of the Full Name field and use First & Last Name fields everywhere instead :shrug_tone1: )

@HollySimmons Thanks for bringing this up! we have added this to our product road-map. I will update you here once we push this to release.

The last update was from > 2 years ago. Any updates from the Gainsight team on this @sai_ram ? 

We are experiencing the same issue. I don’t know how to work around this but we face *exactly* the same problem.

Same for us, any update here @sai_ram? Thank you

Would also be very keen to hear any updates as we’ve got the exact same issue! @sai_ram 

Can we please get an update on this. The fact that neither the First/Last Name fields auto update the Full Name (or the reverse) is challenging.

Complicating the matter even further are two issues:

1. As above, we sync with Salesforce so we need to ensure the team edit First/Last Name because edits made to the Full Name field won’t sync back to SFDC because it is a formula field
  2. And the Full Name field cannot be removed from either the List View or the Detail view.

Impact:

1. This means our team is required to do double edits for a simple name change ie a contact’s last name changes and rep needs to update in BOTH the Full Name and Last Name fields. 
  2. We are in the very early stages of GS adoption and this type of issue creates a lot of distrust in the system and complicates our change management.