Close CTA Rule Does Allow Status to be set when Include in Identifiers is Enabled

Related products: None

As an admin we need to be able to close CTAs for data cleanliness. Example, an account Churns and we want to make sure that all open CTAs are closed out to Closed Lost. When the Close CTA rule include in identifiers is selected - the Status is not selectable even though the hover over help does not indicate that Status should be excluded. The default close CTA status is Closed Won, which is not true for the example provided as we would select Closed Lost.

Not sure why we could not allow Call To Action Status All Defaults are not selectable options .Note it is not an option that is denoted in the hover over help as non-selectable when ‘Include in identifiers’ is selected.

I could foresee potential issue with CTA Type specific statuses - All statuses should be available to be selected. 

This is similar to this post from years ago:

Who agrees that admins should be able to properly status closed CTAs via Bionic Rules when designating CTAs by IDs? 

Hey @davebrown2242, this looks like a valid ask. We are looking to enhance the CTA rules in medium term and would definitely consider this  enhancement. Thank you!

@sai_ram - Can you follow this one and update the status if accepted/planned? There are a few people following this one that I know of.

All the best,

DB

+1 for this. I ran into it the other day and was puzzled why I couldn’t change the selection, and then wondered what the point of using the CTA ID was if I couldn’t change it.

@nitisha_rathi You can aggregate the different options and show the whole list, or also require CTA Type to be selected as a dependency control for the available values in Close Status. I find it hard to believe that this problem has been solved using the other unique criteria to identify a CTA, but not when just using the ID.

Copying my comment from here as it seems more relevant on this thread: 

@sai_ram- Can you follow this one and update the status if accepted/planned? There are a few people following this one that I know of.

All the best,

DB

@davebrown2242 updated, thanks!

@rakesh will this be addressed at all before GA of HR? Issue persists in the Beta.

FYI @andreammelde 

@mpatra 

Hi team,

I wanted to jump back to this thread and check if the “Update CTA Action” in the new “Horizon Rules” have helped solve the issue discussed above. Please let me know if there are any other concerns.

Thanks,

Monica 

Noticed this one…. 5 yrs ago.

Copied wrong link to the wrong thread! Sorry Y’all.

@mpatra I’m still not able to update the status to anything different than the default - the reason and the Set CTA Status to are both greyed out and not editable.  It doesn’t appear to matter if I select the CTA Type or not - I’m still unable to adjust anything below the CTA ID.

@heather_hansen ,

Please try using the “Update CTA” Action to change the status of CTAs.

Thanks,

Monica

@heather_hansen ,

Please try using the “Update CTA” Action to change the status of CTAs.

Thanks,

Monica

That appears to work.  From my perspective, I guess it’s not intuitive that I would use that for existing CTAs if I want to close them, and not use the Close CTA. It could just be me though. 

My other thought is that I’m providing the CTA GSID, so the system should already know what the type is.  We have quite a few types, so using this would require me to go figure out what type of CTA it is so I can then select that to have the update status option appear.  Would like it if that would already default for me.

This has - yet again - become an issue for us. :(

Hi @davebrown2242 ,

Is the new “Update CTA” rules action not helping you in some scenarios?

Update CTA rules action is the future of Close CTA and “Closing” is an update action.

Please let me know where we can improve the Update CTA action to help you solve your use case.

Thanks,

Monica