Is it possible to provide an option to choose "Include Null Values" for Multi-Select Picklist fields

Related products: None

Hi.

Currently, we don’t have an option to choose/select the “Include Null Values” for the Multi-Select Picklist fields in Rules and/or JO Query Builder.

When ever we drag the multi select picklist field in to a filter section (Ex: in Rules) we have to choose either Includes or Excludes option only and unable to select the “Include Null Values” as well. Like how we have this option for Picklist Data type fields.

Screenshots for the same:

Due to unavailable of this option we are unable to get the Null value records. If we can get the same option like how we have for the Picklist field would be great.

Thanks.

Please please please. Getting this kind of information through ‘count of’ filtered tasks and reassembling that is really a waste of the available number of tasks we can have in rules engine and JO (I know it’s going to change), not everything warrants a data design either. This is really a feature we needed yesterday.

@vmallya, @Prateek Parashar could you pl take a look at this requirement?

cc @PavanCh  

Updated idea statusNo StatusUnder Consideration
Idea merged into:

All the votes from this idea have been transferred.

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

Idea merged into:

All the votes from this idea have been transferred.

Pretty frustrating to have to work around this still today in Data Designer (and all other areas)

Heavy +1!
Working around this silly gap consumes a lot of time, would love to see this implemented in the near future!

+1 - Running into this with Horizon Rules as well.

What’s the easiest way that you use to work around this? (I’m filtering Relationships in Data Designer.)

Best option I can think of:

1. Fetch Relationships, including the multi-select picklist
  2. Transform: Only include GSID field. Filter for picklist values in [select all items].
  3. Merge: Join the filtered GSIDs back to the original list of Relationships
  4. Transform: Filter for that merged-in GSID field is null, to find Relationships without anything in the multi-picklist.