US Admin Office Hours (Tuesday session) - 02/09/21 - 1 pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET - Pre-session Thread

• 8 February 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our upcoming Tuesday Admin Office Hours session on Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/93972497920?pwd=SGJPOFNzNUxCNVZYcHJrWnRjM2FoUT09

Meeting ID: 939 7249 7920

Password: F7msaSQ3

For dial-in info by your location, find your local number:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/acvxgAlEJZ

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Scott - 

I need to make sure my NPS program is set up correctly since I changed it from every 90 days to 180 days.

I will try to join by 3:30 CST

Engagement report seems to be breaking, want to understand where it is pulling the % engagement value from.

NPS metric is not tied to actual NPS events in timeline. Want to understand where it’s coming from.

Want to follow up on the logic for the Previous CSM Snapshot Report Rule.  I think I got the logic correct, want to make sure we are ONLY loading the previous CSM when the CSM is changed.

Hello - I don’t need help with my question anymore but I can’t see any way to delete this post.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

A question on setting up real time rules + new events (contact opt out → write back to contact in SFDC).

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Thanks for the reminder, @mzhang ! Here’s the link to the documentation for configuring the BCC to Timeline setup:

https://support.gainsight.com/SFDC_Edition/Timeline/Admin_Guides/Configure_Email_to_Timeline#Configure_Inbound_Emails

I the link takes you right to the section where the actual config process is outlined - but skim all the intro stuff as well above it.  The main things to note about setting it up as you go through the documentation:

• You’ll need to list the domains that the emails will come from (for us, it’s emails being sent from “gainsight.com” as well as a few of our implementation partners

• Your Company Persons sync should be set up and running - when a BCC’d to Timeline email comes into Gainsight, it searches for the Company Persons that match the email addresses of the people you were sending the email to so it can add to the right C360 timeline.  If you don’t have all your customer contacts synced over to Company Persons, everything will end up as an unmatched Draft timeline entry.

• In prerequisites, note the info about the security settings - start out with leaving the overrides unchecked, and if everything works, all is well.  If emails aren’t getting through, you’ll need to check with your IT/email platform about unchecking those boxes.

• You have to create a ‘subdomain’ that will be your Gainsight BCC email address source.  We generate a BCC email address that will come from “subdomain.gainsightapp.com”, so if you pick “prosbccgs”, the BCC email address that each user gets assigned to user will be a random string on that subdomain - for example, “soekfowdjfaoeisr@prosbccgs.gainsightapp.com”.

• Each user that you enable for BCC to Timeline receives their own BCC-to-Timeline email address to add to their BCC when emailing contacts.  The great part about individual user enablement is that you can set this up and then only generate YOUR bcc-to-Timeline address and test it out a bunch.  The downside is that you can only add users one at a time - no bulk load.

• Look over the Limitations section at the end of the document (mentions the above limitation for instance), and then dive in!  If you have issues, I’ll see you on Thursday office hours and we’ll figure it out!

Scott