Log Customer Emails as Timeline Activities

Related products: None

Hello,

I understand that there is a maximum character limit of 33000 for this feature. Would it be possible to either expand that limit (maybe make it configurable per ENV?) or just truncate off the extra when you hit that limit?

I would vote for truncating anything past 33,000 characters and still posting the rest. We've seen this usually only happens with long email chains with dialogue back and forth....much of which was probably captured in an earlier BCC and doesn't really need to be included anyway.

Hi All, Thanks for posting it here, make sense. We have it on our road-map, I will update you here once we consider this request for release. 

Hi All, any further status on this? I really like John’s idea above to automatically truncate the email if it surpasses 33K characters. Thank you.

I agree that the logging should automatically truncate and still log the partial message to the timeline. Our CSMs are struggling lately with having to do manual overhead of logging emails that do not get logged due to character limit. Any update on the roadmap on this @sai_ram 

Hi! Our company would greatly appreciate this feature to be added. Our CSMs are getting fairly frustrated w/ logging emails, getting bounce back rejections, having to guess what 33,000 characters actually look like in an email thread to delete, realizing once or twice that you didn’t remove enough characters because you’re trying to keep the content of your email intact through guesswork...you get the idea.  Ultimately, this process isn’t valuable and detracts users from doing the simplest of tasks - logging emails. Updates would be lovely! :) 

@Shanetti I understand your concerns. We will fix it.

Are there any updates for this? Our CSMs work in the healthcare space, so email strings tend to get very lengthy. We are hitting this limit almost daily and would love if there was a better solution to the character maxmimum