Solved

Deleting Programs from Journey Orchestrator - are analytics and send data saved?

• 1 April 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
We have a number of Journety Orchestrator Programs that haven't been active in over a year. I'd like to be able to clean up the list of Programs as we are doing some system updates that would benefit from not having so much data to copy during refresh.

If we delete old Programs, are the analytics saved somewhere? I assume send data remains in MDA so we could run our own analysis if needed but curious if the data reports in Program Analytics is stored somewhere that could be easily accessed in the future.

icon

Best answer by diane_morneau 4 April 2019, 21:22

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
I've also wondered this. Our programs list is so cluttered with Programs we no longer need but haven't wanted to delete in case the history isn't stored.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
@dan_ahrens can you confirm here? I have 36 programs sitting in my view with only 9 of them active. I'd love to clean this up but don't want to end up deleting any history.

Badge
Unless there is a purge process that takes place periodically on the AO data spaces that I am not aware of, I can confirm that I have deleted programs which historical information is still available.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
What about Program Analytics, does it still live there?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
I think the analytica may be just calculating/reading from AO data so you would likely have to recreate the reports manually.

Badge
@kelly the data still shows in Program Analytics after the program and the templates have been cleaned up. Program Analytics draws its info from the log so it does not need these components to be present to report. As well, we can write your own reports to pull this information. Out of our hair and still available. The best of both worlds.