Question

Standard Dashboard Filter Options

• 18 March 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
Good Morning-

I'm trying to remember what the standard filter options are for Dashboard filters. I remember there being an option for "Current User", but I cannot remember the syntax to accomplish this.

Can someone post a list of the standard options for auto-filtering and the syntax that must be used to accomplish the filter?

Thanks

-Jim

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
Can anyone answer this?

Thanks!

-Jim

Userlevel 3
Badge

Userlevel 3
Badge
Anyone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi James, sorry we didn't get you an answer here! I'll ask out product documentation team to take a look as well.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hi Jim,

When you use a User/User id field as the base field in Dashboard Filter you will see the Current User /All Users option.

The behavior is the same in reporting filter as well. This means you can try in report builder and if it works, it should work in dashboard filter.

Does this answer your question? Do post if this doesnt work for you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
I'm attaching a screenshot of how I did this within my Dashboards. (Note: This was done using Gainsight SF.)

If I create a Dashboard filter, specifying this reference field...

...the result is this type of presentation to my Gainsight users at the top of the Dashboard.

This is really great for CSMs who want to view 'their' version of a Dashboard, and also for CSM Managers who want to conduct a review or 1x1, also using Dashboards.