Solved

Send survey on a regular basis after initial send

• 11 January 2018
  • 4 replies

We want to schedule a survey to send out initially based on a date field ("Training Date Completed") in Salesforce, and then every 3 months after that. So for example, if the "Training Date Completed" is 1/1/2018 on an account, it would send a survey that day, and then every 3 months after that (4/1/18, 7/18, 10/1/18, etc). I know how to set it up the initial powerlist, but is there anyway within Gainsight to schedule the ongoing ones?

I think a workaround would be to add a "Next Survey Date" in Salesforce, and then use workflow every 3 months to update that date, and build a powerlist off that. But I'd rather do it strictly within Gainsight if possible.
icon

Best answer by dan_ahrens 18 January 2019, 21:45

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Hey Margaret,

I would suggest using Advanced Outreach - Generic Email chain to set up the survey cadence.

https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/CoPilot_and_Automated_Email/Admin_Configuration/...
Hi Meenal! Is it possible to create a loop in the email chain or do we have to feed the wait time for every break? What I ideally want is to feed the wait time once and have the arrow go back to the "Send Email" action

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Sarah,

This is accomplished via the Participant filter where you set

"Participant with the same email address can enter once in X days" (see this article)

The idea is that the participant can enter the program multiple times, but only once every X number of days, so it essentially creates that loop.

That should do the trick! Wasn't thinking on the power list level. Thanks Dan :)