Tuesday US Admin Office Hours (CS Platform): Apr 2, 2024 - 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET - Pre-session Thread

• 1 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our upcoming Tuesday Admin Office Hours session on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Tuesday, Tuesday, April 2,, 2024 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/96758098131?pwd=Z2ZyTDRYVzJGMDdsV20vWWxXRGcydz09

Meeting ID: 967 5809 8131

Passcode: 678844

For dial-in info by your location, find your local number: 

https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/azzeidOTB

4 replies

Hi Scott,

1. In a JO email w/ an embedded (inline) report, I know how to make any field in the report clickable by displaying the full <a href=”my url goes here” target=”_blank”>column value goes here</a> in the report results. No issues, the link is clickable and displays nicely in the body of the email.

But when instead I use an email attachment (XLSX), the XLSX cell displays the raw HTML and not a clickable description like the inline report does.

How do I get this to work in the XLSX attachment as well?

2. A colleague and I have many questions regarding people / contact merge
  • How does it work?
  • Why is our instance showing 0 duplicates when we can see the duplicates?
  • What are the gotcha’s to watch out for?
  • Any differences in approach when only merging contacts vs. when merging contacts as result of a Company merge?
Badge

Hi Scott,

Revisiting on how CSQLs created as opportunities maps to SFDC. We are looking to adopt the process, but are unsure due to lack of documentation and the actual bi-directional syncing.

Thanks

Nigel

Badge

Hi Scott,

I’m running to an issue syncing emails from GS to SF. I’m using the “Activity Attendee” object to get the email recipients but it seems to be creating multiple emails in SF (one for each attendee instead of one email with all the attendees)

Thanks, Eric

Hi Scott

We originally set up SFDC connector to pull in contacts to Company Person.  I realized back in December that Spring actually uses the Account Contact Relationship object, therefore some contacts are not pulling in, since the SFDC connector job is pointing to the contact object and not the contact relationship object.

Want to understand if its ok to have both the connector and a rule to pull in all the contacts to Company Person, or should I just use one for all? 
Also would be great if you can review the rule I created to pull contacts from the account contact relationship