Question

Custom events mapping

• 24 January 2022
  • 0 replies

Hi,

I have two questions about custom events mapping in Gainsight PX.
Let's say that I have the following custom event call, which tracks a new video based on a video template, and its duration:

aptrinsic('track', 'NewVideo', 

{

"templateId": 57,

"seconds": 32

}

);

I have seen that in Product Mapper it is possible to perform a manual feature mapping, so you can retrieve information like: "number of created videos based on template id 57".
I have two questions:

1) What if I have, for example, one hundred templates? Should I manually map them one-by-one in Product Mapper or is there a way to do it automatically? 
In other words: if in the application code I am adding a new template, shall I explicitly map it also on Gainsight PX?

2) I have seen that in Analytics -> Audience -> Query Builder it is possible to perform custom queries based on custom events, which is great.
But I notice that the custom event values seem to be always treated like strings and there are no operators like "greater/lower than".
This would prevent to perform analyses based, for example, on a video duration range. It would be impossible to create a number of reports like "videos which last 10 seconds", "videos which last 11 seconds", "videos which last 12 seconds", and so on. 
Is there a way to create a report like "give me the number of created videos with duration between 30 and 60 seconds"?

Thank you

0 replies

Be the first to reply!