Save button on a custom CTA

Related products: None

Hi,

We created a custom CTA that we trigger automatically each month for our CSMs to collect some data. The CSMs need to go on the edit pencil of the CTA, then complete the data top down. At the bottom of the CTA, they don't have a S
[i]
AVE button, they need to go up and Save from the top button which is really annoying from a UX perspective. Could you please reconsider the UI for this please?

Hi Manuel,

Your feedback is valid.

One other idea occurred to me - are you using that monthly CTA for any other purpose than just to capture some data? Because if all that you needed to do was capture data, you could do that by sending the CSMs a Gainsight Survey. The survey would be easier for them to fill out, it would be usable via mobile or tablet, and it wouldn't clutter up their Cockpit. Then just use a rule on the back end to copy the survey responses to the SFDC or MDA object where you need that monthly data.

I know of a few customers that have followed that approach and found it significantly smoother for their CSMs vs adding linked fields to a CTA. But again, this works primarily best if there aren't any other actions or tasks associated with the CTA.

Hi Dan. We also had this idea in mind and we've been advised by Joe Siudzinski to go with the custom CTAs. Mainly because if we were using the surveys and if we would want to add a new field or remove one it would have been a problem. In the same time, I want to be able to report on who completed or not, but I guess this was possible with the surveys as well. Same if the CSM wants to do partial completion of a survey and come back later to add something.

Another aspect is that for CSMs it gets confusing to fill in data thru Cockpit, Timeline, Surveys .... too chaotic.

Thanks for confirming that the feedback is valid, hope it will get to the product team in this case :)

Hi Manuel,

Thanks for sharing this, how long are your forms? Would auto saving help or do you want an explicit save?

Hi. Around 30 fields in total. How is your auto saving working? Would be ideal to have the data saved when you click out of the field. If not, an explicit save button would do it.

Thanks.

Hi Manuel,

Thanks for the feedback, redirecting this to our desgin team for more visibility.

Will update you here once we consider this for release.

Hi Manuel,

Quick question: Would having the fileds in the CTA Detail view auto-save (vs entering all data then clikcing on save) make it easier for you to enter data?