Timeline - creating recurring timeline entries

Related products: CS Timeline

Our team generally has recurring meetings with our customers and it would be a great feature to able to set up recurring timeline events which automatically populate in advance X number of days/weeks/months (i.e. bi weekly meeting with a customer, timeline creates 1 or 2 future timeline entries). This will remove the need to manually create entries for meetings which are recurring.

Can we consider this idea?

Hi Jason,

Have you considered using our CTA detail view with Timeline? Details here.

This will allow you to trigger recurring CTAs that will drive your end users to the recurring meetings and then they can take notes right in the Cockpit view for that customer. As Timeline is used to record events after they happen, it is probably not the best idea to create activity entries for future events that may be moved or cancelled.

I think the use case you are describing aligns well with creating a CTA for that recurring call and then adding that Timeline entry to the CTA and closing it out when the call happens. You can track the calls, look for overdue calls and create CTAs in advance for calls that need to happen this way.

Hi Dan,

I've discussed this in length with Krishna Katipelly (my GS CSM) and he understands the use case I'm describing here. What you've suggested is not efficient when writing up notes during the meeting, in particular when we are face to face with the customer. If we log a meeting in Timeline, and have the ability to pull in outstanding CTAs to be discussed (allows us to plan the meeting and what will be discussed) and pull in other outstanding CTAs on an ad-hoc basis, this is more efficient and less clicks.

If we think about how we typically run organised re-ocurring meetings in general, there is an agenda and outstanding action items (aka CTAs) for discussion.

Happy to jump on a call to discuss this further and use visuals to describe this.

Thanks,

Jason

Exactly... In particular if you are a well organised and you want to be efficient with minimal clicks.