Solved

Data Designer keeps crashing

• 23 January 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m having a great deal of trouble with Data Designer.  I understand that when using Salesforce objects there are performance issues due to lookups so I’ve kind of made my peace with how slowly it responds for now…

But I am running into an issue trying to add multiple filters to a dataset  built off the Opportunity object, but every time I attempt to add a 4th filter, it crashes and I get the “Aw Snap!” screen.  Every time.  It doesn’t matter what field I select - it crashes.  I’ve tried ensuring I have am not using a lookup field in the filter (which I do have some I need to use). I also removed any lookup fields from my Fields list.  Still happens.  Frustrating.

Since this is technically still in beta, I assume I cannot open a support ticket on it?  It seems this still isn’t ready for primetime, so I will wait for it to improve before I start trying to leverage in my environment.

I assume Data Designer is using a different underlying mechanism for building the queries than the Rules Engine and Journey Program Query Builder, since neither of those seem to have these limitations?

icon

Best answer by sai_ram 28 January 2020, 09:47

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I gave up trying to use Data Designer during the middle of the workday as it would stall on trying to add fields or filters from SFDC data. I was able to use it with success in the off hours.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@john_apple  I was attempting between 3 and 6 AM :frowning2:

It was slow, but still workable...until I got to that 4th filter.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@john_apple  I was attempting between 3 and 6 AM :frowning2:

It was slow, but still workable...until I got to that 4th filter.  

That’s really unfortunate to hear.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@All, Sorry for the inconvenience. I am here with good news on this, we have fixed this issue and pushed to v6.10.

Please let us know if the issues exist after the upgrade.