Solved

How to create a rule to trigger a CTA for each account that moves to month to month

• 31 October 2018
  • 2 replies

Hi.

Can anybody advise me on how I should create a rule to trigger a CTA every time when the "Contract terms" change to "Month to Month". How can I store the previous "Contract term"? Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by heather_hansen 1 November 2018, 16:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi Alexandra,

I'm assuming that you have a field that shows the Contract Terms? The way I've done this with fields in the past I've done two ways.

1. Create a field on Customer Info to store the value of the field "yesterday", and then, use the Rules Engine to populate it daily. Then, fire a CTA based on comparing the Yesterday field to the current field.

2. Create an MDA object to essentially do the same thing.

We have a similar rule running if the Sales Rep changes on an account or for account transitions when the CSM changes.

Happy to provide more details if you need them!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Heather is spot on here - you want to create a field to show what "yesterday's" value was and then compare to today's value. If they are the same, no worries, but if they are different, then create a CTA and copy the current value to the "yesterday" field (so it's ready to look for changes tomorrow.