Ability to delete multiple Tasks at once

Related products: None

It would be great to have checkboxes that allow multiple Tasks to be deleted under a CTA at once! Some Playbooks include lots of Tasks and the CSM must individually delete each one that is not relevant for the specific situation at hand with the CTA for that customer. Either that or close each of them, which indicates they were completed and that may not be accurate.

Having the ability to delete multiple Tasks at once would be a big click saver and potentially allow for more accurate tracking of Task completion.  
Vote for this one! In order to avoid too many playbooks, we have playbooks with tasks that are only relative for a subset of situations. The CSM can delete it if it isn't applicable once the CTA is created. The ability to select multiple tasks that do not apply to that customer's situation would certainly simplify the workflow.
Hi,

Thanks for the idea. Apart from closing CTAs and tasks, are there any other actions which CSMs would like to take in bulk?

Thanks,

Nitisha
Nitisha, I have a few customers that have brought up Task management challenges again. Are there plans around any enhancements here?

Right now, you can Edit or Delete an individual Task, or you can replace a Playbook in its entirety. You can't just delete a Playbook from a CTA, if it is not the right fit. And you can't easily delete multiple Tasks, it has to be done one by one, with several clicks for each. So, if you have a CTA with a long Playbook which includes optional or alternative Tasks, the user has to individually delete each Tasks they didn't do. Or they simply close the CTA which indicates the Tasks were done. To further complicate things, if they close the CTA and have automatic SFDC Sync set up, Tasks that were not performed will sync. 

Is there any update that I can share?

Tracy 
Hi Tracy,

This is on our roadmap but we will start working on it post June. I will post updates here once we have a tentative ETA.

As a workaround, would it help to use the Task-Incomplete status (if the CTA is closed having an open task then this task is closed with incomplete status, you can configure it via Admin > Tasks). You can then use rules engine to sync tasks to Salesforce and exclude these incomplete tasks.

Thanks,

Nitisha
We are still getting input from customers that being able to delete multiple Tasks would be a big time saver for end users, as well as the ability to delete a Playbook from a CTA and not just replace it, at times when the Tasks are not right for the specific situation. Is there any update on this, Nitisha?

Tracy
Hi Tracy,

We still don't have an ETA for it but adding such usability enhancements to Cockpit is on the short-medium term roadmap.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Have you tried having your admin accomplish this via the mass edit function? I found this to be very handy.