Solved

How to set up an operational email filtering on two fields dependent on each other

• 8 November 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge
I'm looking to create an operation email sent to the CSM, Account Manager, & Account Owner listed on the Account record in SFDC when certain criteria are met in the relationship.

I have two currency fields in the relationship record "Low Balance Threshold" & "Remaining Balance."

When the "remaining balance" is less than the "Low Balance Threshold," I'd like to send an email alert.

Is this possible? I am having trouble filtering on two field together. I'm not able to say if "remaining balance" is less than the "Low Balance Threshold."

Should this be a regular email out reach or programs in the journey orchestrator?

Would someone be so kind to walk me through step by step on how to make this happen, if possible?

icon

Best answer by dan_ahrens 14 November 2018, 14:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Tony, if you set this up as a Journey Orchestrator program, you can use a bionic query to select your participants. The advantage of a bionic query is that you can perform formula based filtering and criteria.

So in your bionic query, fetch all the data you need and then add a transform task where you add a new field called "Balance difference" (or similar). This would be a formula field where you would subtract low balance threshold from remaining balance. If the remaining balance is lower, you'll get a negative number.

Then add a final transform step where you filter based on that "balance difference" field and only allow participants to enter the program where the balance difference is <0.

Badge
Hi Dan,

Would I have to merge the three transformations together? If I add the account ID/Relationship ID into the show for the transformation queries, I get the "Count" but that wouldn't let me merge them togather. Would you be able to advise?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Tony,

I'm not following what you built and not sure why you're grouping by Created Date, as this will force your other fields to aggregations (as you've discovered). You won't be able to proceed if you've aggregated AccountID in a count value.

Can you try doing this without the group on the date field? If you need some practical help with a Gainsight expert live - check out our admin office hours where you can interact and see how to solve for this live.