Solved

The field "Role" is not queried properly into JO Field Mapping and Conditional Wait step

• 25 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi all, 
I am playing with Journey Orchestrator and Mapped fields for the Conditional Wait.

It seems that the field Role from the CompanyPerson object doesn’t return proper results, in any of the tests I’ve done.
I am trying to e-mail only the users that have Admin role, but in the preview they all look as non-admins  or all admins.

Tests done:

1. I mapped the field Role in the 3rd and 4th step of Participants, both using the Custom Field Mapping and Calculated Fields options.
  2.  I tried to map the Role field as String and even as Picklist.
  3. In the Condition query (Conditional Wait step) I tried with EQUALS Admin, CONTAINS Admin, with capital or small letters, used the word “admin” and the GSID that matched the dropdown row.

None of these things work properly.

If I change the query to something simpler like “Name = Ester” everything works fine. So GS and the steps are right but this role thing is troubling me a lot.

Anyone has a good advice on how to solve it? I hope it’s not a bug…

Thanks

icon

Best answer by alizee 26 April 2023, 10:58

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Ester.Memoli 

I would filter for admins only in the participant query rather than in the conditional wait unless that 3rd and 4th steps only apply to admins while earlier steps apply to admins and other types of stakeholders?

Picklists should just only be mapped as dropdowns, a string would return the GSID value for the picklist item (which is a huge annoyance in the participant preview).

Would you be able to share a screenshot of your calculated field value in conditional wait or your general conditional wait setup?

Thanks

Alizée

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @alizee thanks for your help!
I agree, I also thought this could be the easiest solution.

Luckily this was only a test with my team, as the real query would be based on a boolean field that won’t have the issue.

I believe that having this GSID-mapping-Picklist is creating some confusion in the query.

Cheers!