DCS Scoops w/ Dayn Johnson: Creating compelling email content in JO programs

• 16 October 2023
  • 2 replies
DCS Scoops w/ Dayn Johnson: Creating compelling email content in JO programs
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello everyone,

You’ve probably already met our community friend @dayn.johnson  when he dished out some fantastic details on JO Tactics to ensure high email deliverability & open rates.

Now, he's taking it a step further, sharing his experiences on the art of crafting compelling email content within JO programs. 

1. Collaboration with Project Stakeholders: Harness the wisdom of stakeholders to craft impactful messaging. Get inside their heads, understand their goals, and shape the messaging around their vision.

1. Review, review, review: 
  • Step 1: The research outline planning stage. 1 CTA per message is ideal to meet stakeholder’s messaging goals. 
  • Step 2: Post research planning - review it with stakeholders. 
  • Step 3: Create the content and review it for brevity at that point before it goes for a review
  • Step 4: Revise it with stakeholders on a shared doc, before moving it to the template builder
  • Step 5: Build it out on templates once you have their approval
  • Final step: A final review of how the emails are actually appearing before publishing.

I know for a fact that Dayn’s itching to hear back from you:

We’re eagerly looking forward to hearing your experiences too!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@dayn.johnson I also sometimes suggest adding in the company name somewhere in the subject too in order to increase the feeling that it’s more a personalized email versus a generic one.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

I absolutely agree, @heather_hansen -- personalized subject lines using tokens are a great way to drive higher engagement!

As an example: we launched a “unused credit expiration” email on Monday with a subject line that included the following:

• Company name
  • Number of unused credits expiring
  • Credit expiration date

That email has already seen just north of a 50% open rate!

*Note -- this was a narrowly defined segment (client admin users), so there was an increased likelihood of a higher than normal open rate for this email.