Question

#2minhowto: What does basic Journey Orchestrator queue management reporting look like?

• 26 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

About a year ago I joined Gainsight CS Ops, and took over managing Journey Orchestrator in Gainsight’s own instance. As this is one of the most mature, highly used Gainsight orgs, I found out that Journey Orchestrator was highly utilized, but not actively managed. Programs were created, but there wasn’t a coordinated effort to stop programs or manage the active program count. 

I needed to figure out more information about my JO instance so that I could make informed decisions on how to identify stale, active programs in order to get the active program count into a more manageable state.

My solution was to do a reporting deep-dive into Journey Orchestrator and start building reports off of the Advanced Outreach object to get program count/status/type info.The JO Admin dashboard that I created (and am in the process of redesigning) is still the primary resource I use to schedule, and track active JO programs, and what I use to identify older programs that aren’t actively sending. 

Here are the build parameters for some of the reports discussed below:

Other Queue Management Reports using different objects:

Tagging: @keith_mattes, @susanne.khatib 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

That’s Awesome. Thank you Dan for sharing.

Now, who are the 2 people you’d like to nominate 😊

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Thanks Anirban! I’m still trying to figure out who to tag. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Ohhhhh that’s great, thank you Dan! Deffo something to steal and implement.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@alizee it’s not stealing if offered freely! The main thing that I’ve found with JO reporting is that once you have a working example, it’s easy to pivot that working approach to any number of other metrics/relevant areas of focus. It just takes a lot of thinking, trial and error and coffee!