Create Query for Advanced Outreach from Bionic Rule

Related products: None

I am assuming we are using the same framework for the Advanced Outreach Query builder that is being used for Bionic Rules, it would be nice if we could create a query for AO by selecting a Bionic Rule. I have a few scenarios where I'm creating an AO  and a CTA with the exact same data set. It would be nice to copy the data set from the Bionic Rule to save time.
BIG +1 here.  This would also help with troubleshooting, because you can export the data from dataset tasks in a Bionic Rule but not an AO Query.
Could I also make the suggestion to have this capability with bionic reporting too? The ability to access all bionic queries from the different bionic features would be helpful not only with troubleshooting, but also when we need to send an email, create a dashboard, and perform other actions on the same set of customers.
Hi Jeff,

The use case for export you shared is on the top of our list. We will share details soon regarding its availability

Thanks

Abhishek S
I ran into this today. Built a Bionic Query and no  data loaded  into the participant list.  Without logs  or a way to see what went wrong,  I'm stuck. It would be great to have the ability to either have access  to the logs and results of  the query or the ability to port a bionic query into the rules engine or  vice versa  to find out what's going on.
Same! I duplicated my Query into a Bionic Rule and it worked perfectly in the bionic rule but 74 out 78 participants failed and there was no reason why.  Struggling to get any momentum going with Query Builder.
Hi Lane and Kate,

Did you get to see the Failed Participants tab newly introduced this release? It shows the list of participants which did not make it into the AO along with the failed reason as well. Please check the release notes here for more details - https://support.gainsight.com/Release_Notes/Current_Release_Notes/07Release_Notes_Version_5.16_July_...

Do let me know if that helps meet your use case.

Thanks

Abhishek S
Thanks Abhishek, I saw that enhancement. Nice improvement, but I still needed to compare the failed records with my Bionic Rules output to figure out why some were failed.  It turns out the reason was a null value where an email address should have been.
100% yes. I've had too many Program Queries not return as expected that I've now adopted building everything in the Rules Engine first. In addition, I test everything in QA first.

So I build the same query 4 times (QA Rules engine, QA Program, Prod Rules Engine, Prod Program). Any changes/modifications have to be updated across all 4 as well in the case of anything failing.

I would love if there were a way to just reference the Bionic Rule instead if they are in fact using the same framework. Or, to Lane's point above, be able to download the results of each task within the Program Query which would eliminate the need to build it in the Rules Engine.

Hi All,

Thanks for sharing this use case. We are working on the ability to let customers use bionic rules across programs. I will update once we have some details on the ETA soon.

Thanks

Abhishek S