Launch engagement, guide, article, etc. from engagement, button. link, etc.

Related products: PX Engagements

Reposting for upvote capability. (Thanks @link_black  😁)

I have scoured the PX community in search of all questions and requests regarding forcibly launching an engagement from a variety of different triggers; embedded links, buttons, badges, emails, etc. I wanted to combine all of these into a single request where we might be able to get enough people to vote this up as a critical feature request. 

I can see this goes back at least three years in some form or another, but I believe that all of us have at some point desired the ability to  launch an engagement based on the user’s own choice. Offering the user to option to start an engagement from a link, or a badge in the product, or a URL embedded in and email.

I will take it as far as to state that not just engagements, but articles, or even a knowledge bot itself would ideally be able to be called up at any time if a user needs it and we can “point” to the unique GCP id that contains the content we need to share. We have tried all of the workarounds (many of which you shared with the community, and thank you) but we cannot find a way to execute them consistently or without opening up security issues. 

I was hoping we could all “up vote” this request and hopefully get it prioritized. Please share with your colleagues, business partners, or maybe just someone you bumped into at Pulse. 😁 Let’s get some momentum behind this and see if Mickey’s team can make it possible. I think we all voted for this in some manner or another,  but this way we will have a unified request.

Example

@harshibanka @link_black  @jared2095 @KPedroza @dzilli @alextran @dileepnalla @mikewohlwend  @christopher_sanderson @angelo @lila_meyer @suryanarayana @sai_ram @bostojic @Ekta Kumari @JayS @anirbandutta @IO Community Account  @rketharaju @cakrit @catchprakash @michael_sweeney @richiemin @Jef Vanlaer @acheslow @jean.nairon @john_apple @shireesha_reddy @jp_lingamaneni @bostojic @Ekta Kumari @Aphrodite @aharkut @chase @sgage @Lake1211 

This would be so helpful!  

Hello @jmobley. Has there been any recognition/movement on this idea? Today, I’m once again trying to get query parameters to work to launch an engagement from the end of a previous engagement. I’ve created a custom button redirecting to a URL with the query parameters, have the query parameters in my second engagement as the only audience rule, but it’s still not launching. I’ll submit a support ticket but wanted to add to this idea as well since it’s been a year since it was posted.

Hi @aroberts. Could you check if there has been any acknowledgement of this idea? I’m trying to struggle with query parameters again today, but I can’t seem to get it to work.