Solved

Creating a CTA when going from a Null value to an actual value

• 3 January 2018
  • 2 replies

I'm looking to create a CTA for when a CSM is assigned.  Is there a way to say when value for CSM goes from <empty> / Null to not then trigger a CTA?
icon

Best answer by ben 5 January 2018, 18:02

View original

2 replies

Badge +1
Not sure if you can do the above, but what I did was to have a daily rule that creates a CTA for "once in a lifetime" on accounts that have a CSM. That way, every day when the rule runs it will check on those accounts that have a CSM assigned and create the CTA once in a lifetime (so it will only run once for that account). Not super efficient but it does the trick. 😃
Badge
We use a date formula for when a field changes. So, if you have a field that holds the assigned CSM (whatever format is fine), you would just need to make a new field that logs a date for whenever that changes. Ours is "Last Account Owner Date Change". Then you could trigger a CTA off of when that date = Rule Date, and run-on cron schedule every 2-hours. 

I'll clarify that our Ops team is very willing to add stuff, so I didn't do that myself. Might not be as easy as I think it is, but that is our workflow anyway.