Improve action editing in Horizon Rules Engine

Related products: CS Rules & Permissions

Hi there!

The more I work with HRE, the more issues I’m facing when editing actions on complex rules. Indeed, only 3 actions display at once and it can be very difficult to keep track of where you’re at when editing criteria or the actual action on 18 + actions. 

That’s where I start:

I click on Show More Criteria. 

I get to this:

I then click on an action or a filter criteria. Make my change and exit.

I go back to the wrapped up list and in some cases, the wrapped up list is out of the screen so I have to drag and drop the canvas to get back to it.

The editing experience is atrocious. I’d like to see and open my rules and actions one after the other to:

1. Know where I’m at in my updates
  2. Be able to replicate my changes when I’m making the same change across all actions

Please improve the experience on this front. I don’t understand this idea of showing just 3 or wrapping things back up. 

Thanks for making this post @alizee I encountered similar issues when working on a large Scorecard rule. 

Just to add another example of the tedium involved when editing actions now, is trying to deactivate/activate actions.

I’m happy we can toggle off a rule action instead of deleting it or needing to copy the rule and delete it, but you can’t toggle them quickly or easily if they aren’t on the same action. You also can’t easily tell which is active or now.

I got so fed up with trying it I cloned my rule, deleted the actions I didn’t want to run (which was still a pain) and ran it.