different from email address in email assist task

Related products: None

Hi Team,

Currently when we send emails using the email assist task . The from email address will be showing as the logged in user. If we setup different domains then we will get an opportunity to choose from which domain we want to send emails. We don’t have an option to change the complete “from” email address and replace it with a generic email address.

In future do we have an plans of providing this option to customers so that they can use any other email in “FROM” email address.

Hello @sandeepchidiri 

This capability will be released early Q3. 

Thanks for the update @chethana 

I’m interested to know how much leeway is given in changing the outbound email address. To take an extreme example, could any user within my instance send an Email Assist-based message that appears to originate from me, without my permission?

I could see scenarios in which this could increase the likelihood of an email being marked as spam.

Hello @matthew_lind 
We have an approval process. If i am allowing  mathew to use my email address, then i need to approve only after that mathew will start seeing my email id under from address and reply-to optons.

Is this implemented?

Any update on this feature?

@BVirodhula 

Any updates on this ask?  Also, would want to be able to configure the reply-to email address.

@psachin is this implemented?

Fyi @ebuessler after doing some diggind, I see options now in Email Assist 2.0 https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/Email_Assist/Email_Assist_2.0/What's_New_in_Email_Assist_2.0

Hi @ebuessler 

This feature has been implemented. To send an email in email assist task with a different email address other than the logged in user, you can follow these steps

1. Navigate to Administration→ Email Configuration
  2. Scroll to the ‘Organization-Wide Email IDs’ section and click on the ‘ Add Organization-Wide Email ID’ option.
  3. Enter the email address that you want to use as an Organization Wide email address and all the user(s) that can have access to send emails as this address.
  4. Once saved, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address that was added as the Organization wide Email. Login to this email id and approve the request.
  5. After the approval, the Organization wide email ID will be available for use for all the users that are associated with it. This email will be a part of the dropdown in the ‘From’ column when sending an email from Email Assist.