Data Mgmt: Ability to swap or take out a field in bulk from reports' breakdowns when deleting a field

Related products: CS Data Management & Integrations

Recently, I came upon this and I suspect I am not the only one that experienced it and there are a lot of folks that resourced to rename the old field something as "xxx_deprecated" and take it out from breakdowns as they came across it. Sorry if an idea like this exists, but I browsed a lot but couldn't find a post related to it.

Use case: As a business need, we started with a string field in the C360 that had to be updated manually by the CSM, the need evolved and at that point made more sense to have a dropdown list instead of an open string. Created the new field, updated the C360s layouts, validated in Object Analyzer the dependencies of the "old" and only a few came up (5 reports and 2 rules I think)
But when the actual moment to "swap" them came, I found that the field was actually used in 2 DD and 46 reports (42 of them were just the field used in the breakdown). So now I had to go one by one to update all those breakdowns (run report → add new and take out the old → run → save... 42x). I understand that if used in a report filter, C/R360 layout, rule or DD makes sense to do it manually but in the case of the field used in the breakdown only would be great to have the option to select in bulk and then be prompted with the option to either delete the field from the breakdown or swap it for another (see my awesome drawing for reference).

I think that with a twist, this could be used also as a way to add a new field in several breakdowns at once, either from report builder (e.g. all the reports that have X string in the name should have the Y field in the breakdown) or data management (in all the reports that I have X field, makes sense to also have Y field)... 

For example:

Do you want to [dropdown here to single select "add a field", "delete this field" or "swap this field"]?
·If Add: Display all fields in the source object and their lookups to multiple select which field/s to add. If the field to add already exists, do nothing, if it doesn't, add it at the end of the breakdown.
·If Swap: Display all fields in the source object and their lookups to single select. If the field to swap already exists in the breakdown, just take the current field from the breakdown.  If it doesn't, add the "new" at the end of the breakdown and take out the "old". 
If Delete: Take the field out from all breakdowns.

I just changed the title a little bit before posting (created the text in a notepad) and now I am prompted with this associated post from Keith: 

Yes please!!!

+1