Add Dashboards to list of object dependencies in Data Management

Related products: None

For our org, reports used in dashboards are generally more important than those that are stand-alone. To see if the object is used in a dashboard report, I would have to search the dependent report in the Report Builder list. It would be great to just see dependent dashboards in Data Management as well as reports.

Hi @ana_g 

Typically, A report can be used in multiple places (360, JO, etc.) including dashboards. Would you prefer to see a list of all end-user consuming items of an intermediatory asset like a report? Or in addition to reports?

@rakesh yes that would be helpful. I think there is something like that in Gainsight Analyzer already but this would save a few clicks.

Got it Ana.

Will check internally to understand the body of work and engineering possibilities for the same.

Not sure if I’ve totally lost my marbles, but I still don’t see dashboards as an Application area in dependencies. @rakesh any idea when this will make it into Data Management? I’d like to know if a filter from an object is used in a Dashboard or not (and which one(s)) without needing to go into every report that is a dependency to view which Dashboards it may or may not be used in.