Add "Created By" to rules analyzer exports

Related products: None

Currently the columns Created By and Last Modified By are not available in rules analyzer. These would be extremely helpful when doing audits and cleanups of instances with a large amount of rules and would be fantastic to have readily available.

It actually is included. But, it is only on one report, the very last one at the bottom.

@Wayne That is very useful and will be great for ongoing moderation on a recurring basis. The only problem is I can’t set it to “all time” since I’m trying to get a comprehensive list of all rules, are they active or inactive, are the scheduled or unscheduled, who made them, and who last modified them. But it’s good to know this exists and will definitely be a part of future scheduled auditing. 

I see, almost an entire new report/tab/view. Almost like a “List View” That provides aggregated stats.

-Who Created

-When Created

-Last Modified

-Last Modified person

-Number of Runs

-Number of Scheduled Runs

-Number of failures

-Number of Partial failures

-Average number of records fetched and/or processed

-Name

-Description

-Number of Actions

-Type of Schedule

-Number of Runs in a Day(if cron)

-Average wait time to run

-Number of manual runs

-etc.

@Wayne Exactly, you nailed it. The “easiest” way would be to have rule metadata live in the MDA as a reportable system object that includes every column possible where each row is a specific rule. 

By easy I mean that would make it easy for admins to report on rules and create a dashboard to audit rules on an ongoing basis, I have no idea how complex an addition this would be for Gainsight to implement. 

I see, almost an entire new report/tab/view. Almost like a “List View” That provides aggregated stats.

-Who Created

-When Created

-Last Modified

-Last Modified person

-Number of Runs

-Number of Scheduled Runs

-Number of failures

-Number of Partial failures

-Average number of records fetched and/or processed

-Name

-Description

-Number of Actions

-Type of Schedule

-Number of Runs in a Day(if cron)

-Average wait time to run

-Number of manual runs

-etc.

I would also add a column for Rule Chain Name to this, as well as a way to more easily identify rules with S3 exports, as they are not a dedicated action. 

@anirbandutta can we get any update on this, and if Analyzer is going to get any update anytime soon? I think it was posted elsewhere but it currently doesn’t capture any Horizon Rule data which is going to make the entire rules section here obsolete pretty soon cc: @rakesh

May this is something that’s going to be addressed in an admin home any day now @sshroff ? :P

Hi @bradley support for horizon rule data in analyzer  is currently under development and will soon go live.

Apart from horizon rule support we are currently not doing any active development for analyzer , if we get enough upvotes we will consider other ideas for analyzer.

Hi @bradley support for horizon rule data in analyzer  is currently under development and will soon go live.

Apart from horizon rule support we are currently not doing any active development for analyzer , if we get enough upvotes we will consider other ideas for analyzer.

Thanks! By more votes do you mean for this particular request? Or across all the requests involving asks to update Analyzer? What is the needed threshold to consider making updates?

@shambhawi Am I misunderstanding or are you saying that all development of Analyzer has been suspended, period? That would be pretty surprising because it’s relatively new, and very useful.

Hi @TMaier the development is not suspended for analyzer but we are also building admin home so going forward requests associated with analyzer might be implemented in Admin Home.

@bradley For anything that we want to be immediately implemented in analyzer a good number of upvote will help us in prioritising those tasks.