Ability to use "Phone" from User Table

Related products: None

I have a request from a client that we be able to use "Current User" when sending out emails through email assist. Currently there is a limitation where we can pull "Name" "Id" and "Email", but we cannot pull "phone" from the user table lookup (this is the same with account and customer info fields that reference these tables). 

Can we get the "phone" lookup available in a future release to eliminate the need to create fields and move data around in order to make this work?
As an FYI, we are also extremely interested in this functionality as it opens up the use of tokens for data related to the sender. Phone will be good but it would be even better to be able to define which other fields we want to open for GS to use in tokens when using user lookup fields.
Totally agree, I also have another submission here for being able to use SFDC's "Current User" to capture the current logged in users information as well. 🙂 Thanks for the comment!

https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/-current-user-tokens-for-email-assist
Hi Steve/Marcelo,

If we talking here about using the User Phone number as an token in the Email Template, we can do it currently,

Let me know if my understanding is correct.

Regards,

Hitesh
Hitesh,

I tried that in the past but it is not pulling the data back for the user logged in and sending the email. By using the User > Phone token, can the system interpret that as the currently logged in user and performing the activity? If so, it seems like it isn't working.
Right now we can't.

This community post goes over it. Basically right now, if you want to use a user token like phone in email assist the email has to be going to a user. 
Hi Marcelo,

Having tokens related to Logged In User is not in place right now, we have added that to our roadmap.

Currently the token that are mapped with User attributes, takes values from To and for it to work select a User and make sure it has values in it. If it still doesnt work, pls raise a support ticket for it.

Regards,

Hitesh
Hitesh: thanks for the feedback. The actual requirement that I brought up is being able to use other attributes from the CSM object. Right now our use case uses a lookup field within the Customer Info object which defines who the CSM for the account is. With that lookup object we can pull in Full Name and email but no other attributes. We would like to be able to either define which other attributes are made available or enable all populated attributes to be pulled via tokens. My understanding based on feedback received from GS is that this is not possible at the moment.