Ability to remove 'Add' button on C360

Related products: CS 360 Company & Relationships

When adding a related list to the C360 section you currently have the ability to 'Add' a record.  When this section (report) is created on an object with 'Record Types' you need 'View all data' permissions for the individual users to be able to add a record.  If this section is created on an object without 'Record Types' associated with the object you do not need this permission set, and can create records with no problems. 

Since some companies will not allow for admins to have this permission, we need the ability to hide the "ADD" button to the section so users aren't clicking it and running into an error message. 

We have a similar requirement for our upcoming V1 launch of the GS Platform in the Company.

Request from us was to remove/hide the “ADD” button from a Custom Section within C360/R360 around opportunities as there is no Real-Time Salesforce synch with Opportunities and users could be led to believe they can create opportunities from Gainsight that will write back to Salesforce

If a company decides to switch off Opportunity or Contact creation/updates in Gainsight, then we need flex in the product which allows the “ADD” button to be removed/hidden

Added this feedback to the re-design as well.

Would be great if Gainsight allowed Admins to control what records a user can or cannot create. Seems like this needs some thought by Gainsight product team with respect to how this could affect perception of Gainsight as a platform with integrations with other CRMs like Salesforce. If perception is poor, adoption could drop. Grateful if Gainsight could assist us in solving this problem or give us a timeline when they expect to solve it. Our Gainsight Implementation Solution Architect directed us here. Hopefully product team hears this as well. 

Gainsight has started to address this, with the ability to turn off the +Add button for Persons. Awesome!

However, with so many other platforms enforcing well who can create what, Gainsight would add value and more intuitively guide CS teams to follow process--and avoid time-consuming repair work that current falls onto admins--by extending this capability to other objects and panels.

Is there an update on this?  We desperately need this, so users don’t create duplicate records.  

@anirbandutta :D ?

Lemme try to get the latest reflected on this Idea.

No StatusAcknowledged

@Prateek Parashar any update on this? This can get really challenging, especially for Low Volume objects where we don’t want NEW records created, we only want existing records to be updated.

Example: I have a LV object created to capture specific details monthly, on a rotating 12-month cadence. I only ever need 12 records “active” at any given time on the account.

When the Company is created, I have a rule that would create 12 records in the LV object for that Company, one per month.  Those are the only 12 records I want CSMs to update, I don’t want them adding new ones.  Providing the ability to disable the Add Record button at the individual report level on C360 is very necessary.

Not to mention, other obvious use cases, like the ability to View Salesforce records (i.e. Opportunities), but not add them. 

@Prateek Parashar any update on this? This can get really challenging, especially for Low Volume objects where we don’t want NEW records created, we only want existing records to be updated.

Example: I have a LV object created to capture specific details monthly, on a rotating 12-month cadence. I only ever need 12 records “active” at any given time on the account.

When the Company is created, I have a rule that would create 12 records in the LV object for that Company, one per month.  Those are the only 12 records I want CSMs to update, I don’t want them adding new ones.  Providing the ability to disable the Add Record button at the individual report level on C360 is very necessary.

Not to mention, other obvious use cases, like the ability to View Salesforce records (i.e. Opportunities), but not add them. 

I highly agree removing the Add button is needed, how do we still not have the ability to do this? I mean, this has been asked for since the Low Volume Object inception.

Though this workaround we’ve implemented does not solve the issue it does at least remove records that aren’t supposed to be created from being attached to the Rel/Co.

We’ve recently implemented an object where our health scores are lower granularity than the health score and only rules are allowed to create new records. Not something easily accomplished.

Luckily there were other fields that were needing to be hidden so I also hid the Rel GSID. What I observed was if you hide this Rel GSID, setting in data management, when someone clicks add record and saves, it does not associate that record to the Relationship. It is essentially an orphaned record. This opens up a different issue with end users as they will want to know what is happening to the record. But, at least then they are coming to you for this issue instead of you not knowing a record shouldn’t be counted or not in an automated rule.