Solved

Contact Role Status in Journey Orchestrator

• 28 August 2018
  • 3 replies

Not sure if this is somewhere in the documentation or not, but is there a way to filter on the Contact Role Status in the contact filter criteria area of the powerlists? We are filtering for Invoice contact, and end up getting a lot of bounced emails because the role status is inactive for a lot of accounts. Thanks!
icon

Best answer by john_apple 30 August 2018, 16:48

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Hi Melissa,

I don't think you would be able to do this within a power list since contacts and account contact roles are technically two different data sets.

However, if the status is coming from Account Contact Role I am pretty sure you could do this with programs by using a bionic query.

You can create a query fetching contact data as well as account contact role data. You can then add filters to the contact role data and then perform a merge to avoid getting these inactive records.

Thanks Alex! I thought i might be able to do it within the programs, but we have a lot of outreaches that already use the powerlists. It would be great to be able to access that part of the contact role without having to re-create everything in the Programs environment. Thanks!
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
I think this might be possible if you create a new Data Space using Account Contact Role as the base object and add Account ID, Account Name, Contact ID, Full Name, Email, etc. as a fields. You'll want to validate results depending on how your contact data is organized (I don't think this would work for how our data is organized). The bionic queries in Programs I think are more robust and Programs can be cloned, unlike Outreaches.